Friday, September 28, 2012

ANOTHER fuel scarcity!?

     While I was driving out this morning, I noticed that the fuel queues were extremely long: the line in front of the Oando station was the longest stretching from the Ikate roundabout to the Lekki 2nd gate roundabout (just in case you don't live in Lekki, this stretch is about 1 km. This particular scarcity is worse than the last one where I had to spend an hour to buy fuel. I'm sure this time I'll spend no less than 3 HRS!!


   One newspaper reported that the  few number of private marketers and tightening of supply by Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) had contributed to the situation. I don't think that is the REAL ISSUE here. In a nation that is one of the world's largest producers of crude oil? We export the crude oil for other people to refine. What stupidity as far as I'm concerned!!
     I'm pleading with our leaders to save us from all these petrol issues and do the right thing: build more refineries!

Fomsky

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You will really make my day if you dropped a line. Thanks in advance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

If it were possible and we could come back to Earth a second time, would you come back as a Nigerian? If not, what would you come back as?